Saturday, October 27, 2012

Time Out

I'm putting the election aside today and thinking instead about my yard.  Fall has arrived for sure, and earnest gardening has come to a close.  Finally, I can wind up my hose, which no matter how hard I try always drags through the yard, unsightly--a reminder of my gardening shortcomings.  So instead of "The Long and Winding Road" by the Beatles, we sing "The Long and Winding Hose":

The long and winding hose that leads to my door
Will never disappear
I've seen that hose before
It always leads me here
Leads me to my door.

Many times I've been at home and many times I've cried
Anyway you'll never know the many times I've tried
To wind this hose back up in a neat coil so flat
Just like my neighbors do, whose yards are always clear
Don't leave me standing here
Help me wind this up.

But still the hose resists any tries to get it right
You left it tangled up a long, long time ago
Don't keep me waiting here, put this hose away
Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment