Thursday, October 4, 2012

Big Yawn

I fell asleep watching the presidential debate last night, missing about 20 minutes of tax talk.  While I was awake, I must have heard Barack Obama say "middle class" more than any other word and Mitt Romney say "business" more than any other word.  I guess we know where their priorities lie.

Did this debate advance anyone's understanding of the issues before us?  I can't imagine that it did.  Full of fact-challenged wonk, it left me bored and frustrated.  Perhaps some voters will feel more confident about Mitt Romney's candidacy--as he appeared more comfortable than he usually does--but if you were looking for a cogent presentation from either candidate, it wasn't there.

Let's see what the vice presidential hopefuls have to say next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment