Thursday, May 24, 2012

The Language of Love

Whenever I see daisies, I'm reminded of the game my friends and I used to play, familiar to most of us: "He loves me, he loves me not," we'd say as we peel off one petal after another, hoping to end on the right note.  I thought about this recently when Barack Obama's former girlfriend reported Barack's response to her declaration of love: "Thank you," he apparently said, which is consistent with my experience of men in their 20s.  Somehow I don't think this group plays "She loves me, she loves me not."  Probably, it's more likely that they play "She'll sleep with me, she'll sleep with me not."



But to continue with our original theme, this delicate flower from a Lamb's Ear looks like a topper for a wedding cake;


these flowers from the Abelia evoke wedding bells;


and here are the bridesmaids.


Now what to do with the dandelion?  Is he the spoiler?  The young man in his 20s sipping champagne and checking out the bridesmaids?  Whoever he is, a young Barack or a restless graduate student, he's not ready for the wedding.  But he will be someday.




No comments:

Post a Comment