Saturday, May 19, 2012

America

Sing wistfully to the tune of "America," as if you were Paul Simon, but with a Wall Street edge:

Let us be bankers, we'll marry our fortunes together
I've got some corp'rate debt here in my bag
So we traded with a mutual fund, and hoped to hedge our bets
And drove out to rip off America.

Jamie, I said, as we boarded our limo on Wall Street
Derivatives seem like a dream to me now
It took me four years to become a billionaire
I've come to rip off America.

Trashing Dodd-Frank rules, playing loose with our money
You said the man in the gaberdine suit was a spy
I said be careful, I think that he's really Paul Volcker.

Forget Glass-Steagall Act, we don't need more regulations
We zapped the last ones ten years ago
So I looked at my portfolio and smiled a sly smile
And the moon rose over two billionaires.

Jamie, we're lost, but I know that we've got them all hoodwinked
Those suckers in Washington give us a pass
Countin' the cash for their campaigning coffers
They've all come to rip off America
All come to rip off America
All come to rip off America.

No comments:

Post a Comment